Assignment brief: Christmas break
- Understand and explain key advanced concepts of the Christmas holidays and various applications (e.g. Christmas Lunch, Carol Singing, Watching TV, Cheese Boards).
- Discuss TV shows, books, celebrity gossip, funny pet behaviours, novelty Christmas jumpers and accessories, Christmas quiz questions.
- Appreciate Christmas presents, Christmas foods, fine wines and spirits, loved ones and the good times.
- Create a relaxed mood by not thinking or talking about work, things not done, things yet to do, marking, grant proposals, manuscripts, The University, parking and email.
- Learn independently or as part of a group how to switch off, contribute collaboratively to a calm environment, share laughter and hugs, present presents.
Your final mark will consist of the components ‘style’, ‘presents’, ‘holiday spirit’ and ‘references’, and will be determined using the department’s general assessment criteria. If you need to apply for mitigating circumstances, you will need to complete the online form. Please note that ‘…but I just need to answer that one email’ and ‘..this will only take five minutes’ are no valid reasons for delaying this assignment.
If you have any questions, you’re advised to use professional reflective frameworks and plenty of spirits or chocolates to help you find the right answers. The module leader is unlikely to reply to any questions, as she will switch on her out-of-office message after this email.
Wishing you a very merry Christmas and a happy new year!